Welcome to the web home of the Professional Fire Fighters of West Virginia. The PFFWV is chartered and affiliated with the International Association of Fire Fighters, AFL-CIO, CLC.
The International Association of Fire Fighters chartered the PFFWV on December 20, 1930. The membership of the PFFWV is comprised of Local Unions of fire fighters in the state of West Virginia. The PFFWV serves 23 locals with about 1000 active and retired members.
2017 PFFWV Fall Training Summit
The PFFWV is proud to present our 1st biennial Fall Training Summit. This event will be held in Charleston, WV on September 25th – 27th at the Embassy Suites. Charleston Professional Firefighters Local 317 will be the host for this inaugural event. This unique opportunity offers training in both job related and union skills. The PFFWV is working in conjunction with the West Virginia Professional Chiefs Association, as well as the International Association of Fire Fighters to provide an excellent source of training for our members. This is an opportunity that we encourage all locals to take advantage of regardless of size.
It is obvious that there will need to be limits on class sizes. Each local will be guaranteed spots based on the same formula as delegate participation at convention (please see PFFWV Const. & By-laws). In an effort of fairness to each local, please distribute equally among the classes. Remember, as each person learns, he/she has the capacity to bring this new knowledge back and share throughout the department and local.
Please follow these steps to register:
• Click on the link below for the event agenda/hotel information
• Click on the link below for course descriptions and instructors
• Next click on the IAFF Partnership Education Program (PEP) link to register for educational tracks. Students must be registered in one PEP track to be able to register for hands-on classes.
• After deciding which course(s) to take please click on the Training Summit Registration link to register for hands-on classes.
• Early registration fee (now till August 31st) - $75.00 / PEP track & hands-on class
• Registration fee (after August 31st) - $100.00 / PEP track & hands-on class
• Registration fee for PEP track only - $30.00
IAFF Partnership Education Program (PEP) link:
IAFF Local Newswire Join the Newswire!
Updated: Oct. 17 (15:10)
Light Up Malden IAFF Local 902 Veterans Day Parade IAFF Local 902 858 Safety Committee Meeting Denver Firefighters Local 858 Elections IAFF local 3704 IAFF Transition Team Albuquerque Area Fire Fighters Local 21 Regrets To Announce The Passing of Retired Firefighter Mike Butler IAFF Local 21
Contact Elected Officials!